7. Election officers, members of election force etc., acting in favour or against the candidates and influence voting at election.
Punishment : Imprisonment for a term which may extend to six months or with fine or with both.
8. Canvassing in and near polling station.
No person shall commit any of the following acts within the polling station or in any public or private place within a distance of one hundred metres of the polling station.
a) Canvassing for votes
b) Soliciting of vote of any elector
c) Persuading any elector not to vote at the election or for any particular candidate
d) Exhibiting any notice or sign relating to the election.
This offence shall be a cognizable offence punishable with fine which may extend to two hundred and fifty rupees.
9. Disorderly conduct in or near polling stations like using any apparatus for amplifying or reproducing the human voice viz. Megaphone, loud speaker etc., shouting or acting in a disorderly manner so as to cause annoyance and interference to the persons visiting the polling station and other persons on duty in the polling station.
Punishment : Imprisonment for a term which may extend to three months or with fine or with both.
10. Mis-conduct at the polling station.
Any person who misconduct himself or fails to obey the lawful direction of the polling officer during the hours fixed for poll may be removed from the polling station by the Presiding Officer or by the Police Officer on duty or by any other officer authorised in this behalf by such Presiding Officer.
Punishment : Any person who has been removed from the polling station, re-enters the polling station without the permission of the Presiding Officer shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extends to 3 months or with fine or with both.
11. Illegal hiring or procuring conveyance at election.
Punishment : Fine which may extends to two hundred and fifty rupees.
12. Breaches of official duty in connection with election.
Punishment : Fine which may extends to five hundred rupees.
13. Removal of ballot papers from the polling station and fraudulently takes or attempts to take a ballot paper out of the polling station.
Punishment : This offence is cognizable nature and the Presiding Officer shall have the power to arrest or direct the police officer to arrest such person.
Imprisonment for a term which may extends to one year or with fine which may extends to five hundred rupees or with both.
14. Other cognizable offences.
No person at an election shall
(a) Fraudulently deface or fraudulently destroy any nomination paper.
(b) fraudulently deface, destroy or remove any list, notice or other document affixed by or under the notice or other document affixed by or under the authority of a Returning Officer.
(c) fraudulently deface or fraudulently destroy any ballot paper or the official mark on any ballot paper.
(d) supply any ballot paper to any person or receive any ballot paper from any person or be in possession of any ballot paper without due authority.
(e) fraudulently put anything other than ballot paper in to any ballot box.
(f) destroy, take, open or otherwise interfere with any ballot box or ballot paper then in use for the purpose of election without due authority.